Friday, September 28, 2007

Green-Eyed Monster...


My mother used to reference the green-eyed monster whenever one of us kids would covet what someone else had.

"Aw, look at that dog, they've got such a cool dog. Mom, I WANT a dog like that."

"Stop being such a green-eyed monster. Envy isn't attractive."

I wonder what my mother would think about my post today at Blogabetes. It's about how envious I am sometimes of people who have a working pancreas.

Would my mother tell me to stop being such a green-eyed monster? Or would she understand how I might look at a person with a normal-functioned metabolism and ache for a body that worked like that?

I hope you'll go take a look - what do you think? Should I stop coveting my neighbor's pancreas?

2 comments:

Chrissie in Belgium said...

Oh come on now- we are only human. I AM SURE YOUR MOM WOULD UNDERSTAND§ Go ask her!

Nicole P said...

LOL, Chrissie, my mom's rules around coveting are strict... LOL!