Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Tagged

I've been tagged by Kerri. Here are five random facts about me... Since I'm new to the OC, I'm not going to tag anyone on this one; but rest assured, as I get to know you all better, I'll be a-tagging you...

1. I'm a mad punk rock fan. I love the Ramones, Social Distortion, Rancid, X, MXPX, NOFX, etc... I'm also a huge fan of local music -- in part, because my boyfriend plays in a local rock band called The McGunks and in part because there's a huge number of talented, fun, and cool bands that live, work, and play in and around Boston and Providence.

2. I'm a bit of a slob. I can't keep myself organized -- it's sort of pathetic. Amazingly, the only piece of my life that my sloppiness doesn't effect is my diabetes care. Also -- it's not that everything's a mess and I can't find anything; it's that I have lots of messes around me, but *I* know where everything is.

3. I carry a dictionary around with me pretty much everywhere I go. My love of language makes me somewhat compulsive. I can't stand to not know what something means -- and when I need to know what something means, the need is immediate -- I don't like to wait around.

4. I'm a clothes-hound. I love fashion. If I had the body and the money, I'd wear haute-couture ALL THE TIME... I love fabric and textures and buttons and shoes and hats. I live by the motto "We're all born naked. The rest is costume -- and costume is fabulous..."

5. I'm not the best driver in the World. I don't really like driving, for one thing. For another, there are OTHER people on the road -- and they are always in my way, really in my way. I like to go fast and I hate being stuck behind what my boyfriend and I refer to as "turtles." Also, there are far too many "orange" lights that I should be able to boogie right through, but that I end up having to stop at because the people in front of me like to follow the rules...

For today, these facts and tomorrow a real post.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I totally understand about the "orange" lights, people don't seem to know that green means go and yellow means go faster!!!

Christine said...

So don't you tag 5 people now?