I've been tagged by Kerri. Here are five random facts about me... Since I'm new to the OC, I'm not going to tag anyone on this one; but rest assured, as I get to know you all better, I'll be a-tagging you...
1. I'm a mad punk rock fan. I love the Ramones, Social Distortion, Rancid, X, MXPX, NOFX, etc... I'm also a huge fan of local music -- in part, because my boyfriend plays in a local rock band called The McGunks and in part because there's a huge number of talented, fun, and cool bands that live, work, and play in and around Boston and Providence.
2. I'm a bit of a slob. I can't keep myself organized -- it's sort of pathetic. Amazingly, the only piece of my life that my sloppiness doesn't effect is my diabetes care. Also -- it's not that everything's a mess and I can't find anything; it's that I have lots of messes around me, but *I* know where everything is.
3. I carry a dictionary around with me pretty much everywhere I go. My love of language makes me somewhat compulsive. I can't stand to not know what something means -- and when I need to know what something means, the need is immediate -- I don't like to wait around.
4. I'm a clothes-hound. I love fashion. If I had the body and the money, I'd wear haute-couture ALL THE TIME... I love fabric and textures and buttons and shoes and hats. I live by the motto "We're all born naked. The rest is costume -- and costume is fabulous..."
5. I'm not the best driver in the World. I don't really like driving, for one thing. For another, there are OTHER people on the road -- and they are always in my way, really in my way. I like to go fast and I hate being stuck behind what my boyfriend and I refer to as "turtles." Also, there are far too many "orange" lights that I should be able to boogie right through, but that I end up having to stop at because the people in front of me like to follow the rules...
For today, these facts and tomorrow a real post.