Thursday, February 02, 2006

Things About Me

Julia tagged me...

Four jobs I’ve had in my life:

1. Development Officer
2. Matron at the City Jail in Attleboro
3. Supermarket Cashier
4. Elderly Companion -- I hung out with a nice lady named Margaret (mostly for free)

Four movies I can watch over and over:

1. Donnie Darko
2. Blue Velvet
3. Caddy Shack
4. The Breakfast Club

Four places I have lived:

1. Massachusetts
2. Rhode Island
3. Ireland (for a short while)
4. In a chicken coop... Actually, a little shack that used to be a chicken coop that my friend Bryan bequeathed to me when he moved to Wisconsin.

Four TV shows I love to watch:

1. Law & Order: CI (Vincent D'Onofrio IS the sexiest man alive)
2. Medium
3. King of Queens
4. Freaks and Geeks


Four places I have been on vacation:

1. Las Vegas, NV
2. Myrtle Beach, SC
3. All over the state of Maine
4. Lake Winnepasaukee, NH

Four of my favorite foods:

1. Bread and bread dipper from Not Your Average Joe's and their Chipotle Chicken Salad
2. Shrimp -- doesn't matter how it's prepared.
3. Cheeseburgers from Michelletti's Restaurant with their homemade Clam Chowder
4. Boiled steamers with butter and steamed lobster with butter as a main course

Four websites I visit daily:

1. Boston.com
2. Google.com
3. Projo.com
4. Philanthropy.com

Four places I would rather be right now:

1. Reading a book
2. Listening to my boyfriend's and other friends' bands
3. Cuddled in bed with the boy and the cat
4. Picking up my lottery winnings

I'm going to wait on tagging anyone...

6 comments:

J said...

Good to see you Nicci Missed ya ..

Sandra Miller said...

Yes, I'm glad you're back as well!

Nicole, hard to envision you as a "matron." Let alone one at a jail.

I'm sure that job provided much grist.

On your movies-- Only one I haven't seen is Donnie Darko (have wanted to, though... gonna have to rent it).

Blue Velvet, eh? What a wonderfully disturbing film. Excellent choice.

And yeah, I could watch Caddy Shack over and over (Ted Knight is hilarious). The Breakfast Club-- it's been 20 years since I've seen that one. Maybe it's time I saw it again.

Nicole P said...

"Noooo nan" -- The Judge...

Yup I was a Jail Matron. It mostly consisted of patting down female detainees (99.9% of whom were "in" for Public Intoxication) and doing every 15 minute cell checks on all prisoners. I worked the midnight to eight shift... So, I saw some incredibly strange (and drunken) things...

Blue Velvet is one of my favorite movies of all time. I like it for the same reason I like Donnie Darko -- it removes you from your world for a while and casts you into a place you could/would never go on your own. Lynch in general has a way of doing that with his films.

I also want to make an addition. I love, love, love the movie "The Big Lebowski..."

Sandra Miller said...

Oh, don't get me started on the Coen brothers... Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?, Fargo, The Man Who Wasn't There, Barton Fink....

Pure. Genious.

All the more reason I find it astonishing that I've never seen The Big Lebowski.

Just mentioned it to Ryan tonight-- his response, "Yeah, I hear that's really good. We should rent it."

Indeed.

Shannon said...

I was just going to ask you what it was like to be a jail matron.

It sure beats being a receptionist as far as excitement goes LOL.

Kerri. said...

When I watched Donnie Darko for the first time, my mind was seriously altered to the point where I watched it again immediately. Such a cool movie.

That, and Memento with Guy Pierce. That movie, also, was immediately replayed as soon as it finished. Completely engrossing and so original.

Quality flicks. Just like An Uzi at the Alamo (shameless plug for Chris, who says hi, by the way!).